Threats to the Third Republic
at the Ráday Bookstore (Budapest, Ráday utca 27).
Proposed titles for discussion:
1. Defendingthe Third Republic (February 26, 2008, 4:00 p.m.) – talks by János Kis, Ferenc Hörcher Horkay, and Attila Gábor Tóth
2. Half ofWhat? All of What? Parliamentary, Chancellorial, and Presidential Alternativesfor a System. (March 18, 2008, 4:00 p.m.)
3. Partiesin the National Assembly and/or the People in the Polling Booths?
4. Governmentand Opposition
5. Freedomof Assembly
6. Hungary: a Country for Non-Roma and Roma Citizens
7. AnAutonomous Country
8. Constitutionaland Democratic Control: From the Constitutional Court to the Media
9. TheJudiciary’s Responsibility and Independence
10. Is itPossible to Spend 7000 Billion Forints Efficiently, and Exercise DemocraticControl Over Such Spending?
Further event dates to be announced.